Generally Roles and Responsibilities of a Testing Engineer may vary, depending upon the working company. But here we are going to discuss about the general and important roles and responsibilities of a Testing Engineer.
1) Analyzing the Requirements from the client
2) Participating in preparing Test Plans
3) Preparing Test Scenarios
4) Preparing Test Cases for module, integration and system testing
5) Preparing Test Data’s for the test cases
6) Preparing Test Environment to execute the test cases
7) Analyzing the Test Cases prepared by other team members
8) Executing the Test Cases
9) Defect Tracking
10) Giving mandatory information of a defect to developers in order to fix it
11) Preparing Summary Reports
12) Preparing Lesson Learnt documents from the previous project testing experience
13) Preparing Suggestion Documents to improve the quality of the application
14) Communication with the Test Lead / Test Manager
15) Conducting Review Meetings within the Team
These are the Roles and Responsibilities of a Testing Engineer which is based upon my knowledge. If you know more about this kindly write it down in the comments section.
Your Feed backs are welcome!